Monday 14 April 2008

World record?

14/4/08

At our meeting two weeks ago a member – Gareth Miller (Garden Designer) – gave 85 referrals.

Yes, I did say eighty five!


It was truly amazing, I’ve seen over twenty referrals given before, but eighty five? Well, that is just outstanding and, what’s more, the average number for our whole chapter for a month.

Now I know what people are thinking – were they really referrals? All I can say is that my company, Imperial Printers, was lucky enough to receive twenty of the referrals (in response to my 10 minute presentation two weeks before) and every single person I called was not only expecting my call, but, so far I have completed quotes for ten of the companies and also secured two jobs. So yes, I would say that they were all real referrals.

I guess you are thinking - so how did he do it?

Well, it seems that it was pretty simple! He just asked every single person he met or spoke to how he could help them: even his optician while he was having some new glasses fitted. And once he got going, he just couldn’t stop!

Now I have to say that Gareth is a natural and, for many of us asking such a question of everyone we met would be way out of our comfort zone. But how about trying to ask just one person a day how you could help them?


You never know you might just set a personal record!

No comments: