Monday 25 August 2008

It's Raining!

25/8/08

I'm sitting in my office gazing out of the window, looking at the rain bounce of the pavement. It was also raining last week when I visited the Iolanthe chapter in Hounslow (Middlesex), the members arriving as if they had taken a shower with their clothes on.

As I watched a lady run to her car it reminded me of an idea that I had heard of at a training event that I had attended that week.

It's a simple idea that the Visitor Hosts employ whenever the weather has the possibility of rain and what a great impression it must make on the visitors and members alike.

Two Visitor Hosts stand at the entrance of the venue with umbrellas and when someone arrives they go out to meet them and bring them back to the entrance of the venue and so into the meeting nice and dry!

How good is that?

In fact this chapter now has ten Visitor Hosts and each has a job - maybe something to think about for your group?

No comments: