Monday 26 January 2009

Pick up your visitor!

26/1/09

Have you ever been let down by a visitor? You rang them the day before your meeting to confirm that all was okay and then the next morning they didn’t show. Well, I don’t know about you but I have been.....more than once.

So, now, whenever possible, I offer to pick up and bring my visitors to my chapter meetings. It has made a big difference with the number of my visitors that attend. I bet they turn over in bed when the alarm goes, and instead of pushing the snooze button for another ten minutes (and then of course it gets too late), they think instead, 'That really nice BNI bloke will be here in a minute. Better get going!'

Don’t know if it is just the thought of this offer, but even those that don’t accept my kind offer tend to arrive!

But, do you know what else I have discovered by doing this? My relationship with the visitor starts in the car, in fact before that, as I have offered to take them to the meeting. In the car we have to talk, it’s almost a One2One, on top of which I can explain and put them at ease about the meeting that they are about to walk into.

I have found it a great method. Why not give it a try?

No comments: