Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hogarth’s got talent!

13/10/10

There are members that can’t see the benefit of socials: what’s it going to do for my business?

I’ve often heard things like, ‘I don’t do socials’, ‘I haven’t the time for that sort of thing’, even, ‘I don’t need any more friends’.

The thing that gets me is that we talk a great deal about, know, like and trust in BNI. LIKE!

I’m sure that I am not alone here but I enjoy doing business with people I like. We buy people, not products. So, how can socials not be important? They are the best way to get to know people, can often lead to a major mind shift about a person, and in turn to lots more business.

And, nothing was more the case than the recent Hogarth’s Got Talent evening, where, along with my fellow judges, Piers Morgan (Tony Winyard), and Amanda Holden (Gary Morgan), yes, I was Simon Cowell, I got to see a great many of the Hogarth members in a totally different light.

First up were Sebastian Wozniak and Jakub Kosiec, both giants of men, who performed a tug-of-war. With a piece of string! They brought the house down and the benchmark for the evening was set. What’s more, the chapter would never view these two men in quite the same light again!

What followed was an amazing array of talent. Well, some of it was (Simon Cowell speaking here).

We were entertained with dance, standup (Colin Woodley), song, music, a BNI poem in the style of Pam Ayres (Dinah Liversidge), Phil and Ben the flower pot men with of course little weed (Phil Tait, Ben Walsh and Jane Johnstone) and, two men, two new members, who murdered one of my all time favourite songs ‘I’ve got you Dave!’ I mean ‘I’ve got you Babe’ by Sonny and Cher (Robin Curtis and Dave Saunders). It was an incredible evening for everyone, even us judges, as everyone was a winner. And, I am sure that even more business will now be passed at Hogarth because of the improved friendship of the members.

It was an amazing evening in Chiswick!

If your chapter is not big on socials, why not try one, and see if your business increases because of it?

No comments: