Saturday 25 June 2011

Use your mobile: one

25/6/11

Today you can just about run your entire business from a mobile phone and this makes the mobile a very useful tool for inviting visitors to your chapter. Tell me something I didn’t know you cry!

Well, just in case you don’t know, I’m going to tell you about some of the ways that I use my mobile.

Very few of us go anywhere without our mobile, yet few people carry a notebook, not everyone carries a pen, and even fewer people carry a camera everywhere they go. The mobile has even overtaken the handbag for ladies as the thing not to leave home without. And, as for the American Express card, well that doesn’t stand a chance!

So, just how do I use my mobile to find visitors?

We should all be building a database of people to invite to our chapters, and potential visitors can crop up anywhere, and at the most inappropriate times. And, that’s where your mobile can be such a brilliant tool: it’s just great at data capture.

Whenever you see a sign-written vehicle you just snap a picture and you have all the contact details you need. Company name, location, phone number, email address, web address - everything required for an invitation. Sometimes even a contact; otherwise just a little research will give you this. Easiest is a quick phone call or else a little time spent on their web site.

Then all you do is invite the person by the method that works best for you.

What do you think?

Look out for – Use your mobile: two.

1 comment:

JacquelineSamuel said...

I use my phone to take pictures, record sound notes and zap out emails all the time. It really is a valuable on the go commodity!