Saturday 18 April 2009

Do you know what your fellow members' partners do?

18/4/09

I was chatting to a very successful 12 year member recently at a workshop and in the course of our conversation I asked him if he had any tips on increasing the amount of business I received from my chapter. And he asked me if I knew what all my fellow members' partners did.

A little embarrassed, I had to admit that I didn’t; worse still, that there were some members in my chapter whom I didn’t even know if they had a partner.

He explained that during his 12 years as a member that he had discovered that the One2One was the most important thing that he did. He had regular One2Ones with all of the members of his chapter and that he took an interest in everything that they and their family did.

This had not only gained him a number of really good friends but over the years a great deal of business. Why? Because a great many members' partners work, and, on more than one occasion, have turned out to be just the contact he needed.

So, I have the same question for you. Do you know what your fellow members' partners do? If not, you could be missing out on some really valuable business.

No comments: