Friday 10 April 2009

Have you hit Tesco?

10/4/09

One thing I often hear in chapters is that members have no time to look for visitors.

I’m not going to go into how business people don’t have time to find new business, but what I will say is that finding visitors need take no time at all. Well, very little!

Most of us shop these days, and whether it’s Tesco, or any other supermarket, or in fact just about any DIY store, people to invite are just sitting there right in front of us at the checkout.

If you haven’t done so before, have a look at the wall behind the tills: you will find a large business card holder full of cards of companies looking for business. The companies that advertise there are spending a great deal of money to have their cards on display. They are looking for business.

And, that’s the key: they are looking for more business. That’s all a visitor is, someone who is looking for more work, nothing more.


So, next time you are out shopping, look for those business cards and make your visitor inviting easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will look out for the list of businesses next time I'm in Tesco. I have no problem at sending out BNI Cards bu I admit I don't like following up until I do it and invariably if I get the business owner they are very polite and thank me for the call.
Cheers
Mike