Thursday 4 July 2013

Did you say Thank You this week?

Saying thank you can pay big dividends in life and nowhere is this more the case than in business and your BNI chapter.

We all like to be thanked for things; it makes us feel good, and certainly in my case it makes me happy.  It also annoys me when people don’t say thank you; like when I hold a door open for someone or pull in to let a car pass on a narrow road.  But that’s another story.

Saying thank you can really make you stand out from those around you and, if done well, will bring you more opportunities and more business.  A very simple example is in the giving and receiving of referrals.  I’ve seen a referral received with barely an acknowledgement from the member receiving the white copy.  What incentive is that member giving the person who is giving the referral to look for another?  Almost none!

But that, as I say, is just a very simple case.  There are many, many more.  And of course lots of ways to say thank you.  I have some specially printed ‘Thank You’ cards.  They have a lovely picture on the front and on the back my company logo and a motivational statement.  I don’t know about you but I love getting cards in the post.  And I always keep them.  Imagine if that was happening with the cards you send out.  What might the results be?


So, what can we thank members for?

Well, obviously a great referral.  But how about when that referral becomes business, a testimonial, repeat business, for being given good advice, for being given exposure online, for being given a great contact, if you win a really useful door prize (might be a business book that helped you).  What else can you think of?

Saying thank you will make a big difference to your business, and your life, why not try it and let me know how you get on?

No comments: