Sunday 28 June 2009

Did you sign in at training?

28/6/09

Just lately I have had a number of members tell me that the training report on BNI Net is wrong with regard to the number of workshops that they have attended.

As with all record keeping, any record can only be as accurate as the information that has been supplied, and I think that this is where the workshop booking-in system and therefore record keeping sometimes can break down.

I have been to a number of workshops recently, both as a member, and Regional Director, and I have noticed that not all members sign in.

On occasion this is because there is a queue at the booking-in desk and the member has got side-tracked, at other times it’s just because they don’t even attempt to sign in.

Furthermore, at a recent work shop that I was helping at I counted the number of people in the room against those that had signed in. The list was two names short, but despite asking the members in the room to check that they were signed in during the coffee break, no one did (I even added that their attendance at the workshop would not be recorded if they were not signed in).

Then this week I queried with a member I knew had been at a workshop, a few days earlier, why she was not on the list of attendees that I had received from BNI Head Office, and she said that people were just sitting down when she arrived, so she just took her place and forgot to sign in later.

So, please may I suggest that if you want to ensure that your training record on BNI Net is correct - REMEMBER TO SIGN IN.

No comments: