Monday 28 July 2008

Over Saturation!

28/7/08

In my area (Twickenham), every time visitors are mentioned, over saturation of chapters is also mentioned as a reason for not being able to get any.

Well, frankly that is rubbish!

Now, I’m not going to tell you that we should cram more and more chapters into the area and I’m not going to give you the BNI statistic that says a population of so many thousand businesses will support this number of chapters. But, what I will tell you is this:

I have lived in this area for all of my life, through infant, junior, senior school and college. I have been a parent governor, commercial manager at Hampton FC, involved with the Horse Rangers, been the director for a local amateur dramatic group and played both cricket and basketball for local teams. And, more importantly, run my own business in the local area from the age of 21.

Added to this I have been a member of my BNI chapter for over five years, as a BNI Regional Director help another three local chapters, and have been to most of the other local chapters and workshops too many times to count.

All of this leads me to my point – in all of that time, in meeting all of those people, I have only ever come across three people in BNI that I had known before!

And, another interesting fact – search on the web for builders in the TW area and you will find that there are over 350.

Over Saturation? I don’t think so.

No comments: