Sunday 25 July 2010

Have you seen your chapter members' websites?

25/7/10

I was having a One2One recently with Hannah Liversidge of Reliable Roofer; she was showing me the basics of Wordpress, so that I could make a start on a new blog that I am writing.

We discussed the best ways in which we could help each other and the kind of business that we were both looking for. However, most of the time was spent on producing my first blog. ‘David’s Better Business Blog’ is my blog's title and ‘Have a Networking Goal’ my first blog.

Obviously this lead to us talking about social media as a whole: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Ecademy, different blogging software, HootSuite, and of course Google. By this time we had moved on to our own websites and the importance of keeping them fresh and updated. Hannah asked if I had seen their website recently, as it had been updated, and I had to admit that I hadn’t.

This got me to thinking about the websites of the members in my own chapter and how many I had looked at recently. It then made me realise that there were some of their websites that I had never even seen.

Something of a shock!

So, I guess, is that just me? Or, are all we all guilty of not taking the time to look at each others' sites?

We could learn so much, especially about new members. And, how about checking out the website of someone we are going to have a One2One with before we go?

It’s certainly something that I am going to do and I can’t help but think that it will not only improve my One2Ones, but will also increase the number of referrals that I give.

What do you think?

No comments: