Thursday 21 February 2008

Givers Gain!

21/2/08

We have a great photographer in one of my chapters, but not only is he good behind his lens he is also wonderful in the chapter.

He rarely misses a meeting, is always one of the first members to arrive in the morning and always offers to help out.

When he had only been a member a few weeks I suggested that he bring his camera and take a few pictures for our web site. The following week he arrived with his camera. A while later I cheekily asked if I could borrow one of his cameras (I do have a City and Guilds in Photography) to take some freebie shots for someone and he offered to take them for me – free of charge.

When I was looking for a photographer to take the photos at a charity 5k run I was organising, he offered to help without any hesitation, whereas another photographer (now an ex-member) turned down the opportunity.

More recently, he made a video for the chapter which he has since put on You Tube and then just last week he did one of the best 10 minutes I have ever seen. He set up a studio, took some photos as he explained how he ran a function and ended up by giving every member a framed print of the group (a picture he had taken a few moments earlier).

Last week I was able to give my first real photography referral. There was only ever going to be one person I would give it to since he has given so much to me and the chapter and I have to say it felt really good to be able to give a referral that I had made a special effort to find.

No comments: